- Since this course is online and done remotely, you do not need a laptop. A desktop will be fine.
- Having a webcam set up for remote interactions with staff and other students is preferred.
- A MAC or PC will do for Prework.
- Chrome Browser is a strict requirement
- A Chrome Book will not work.
- Other Operating Systems will not work for this course.
While a PC is not required you need to be able to run Window 10 or Windows 11 on your machine. So be prepared to make that happen. As you get closer to the start of your bootcamp ask us about your options.
RAM is the most important aspect of your computer next to the HD Display. You should have at very absolute minimum 12 Gigs of RAM.
- 12 is minimum recommended.
- 16 would best.
An HD Display is best. If possible you should set up a second monitor for the best experience possible while you are watching lectures that are live or recorded.
If you are going to run Windows on your Mac you should be sure to have 16 gigs of RAM if you are going to boot into your Mac OS and then run Windows via Parallels or VM Ware.
If you are going to boot directly into Windows you can get away with less RAM (12 Gigs) but it will require more much more hard disk.
If you are buying new, you might as well buy a PC laptop as they are much more affordable given the specs above. After you get a cushy new job, you can treat yourself to a super duper new laptop.
You can always get a desktop if you are working remotely. Some options may be cheaper in this category.