- Since this course is online and done remotely, you do not need a laptop. A desktop will be fine.
- Having a webcam set up for remote interactions with staff and other students is preferred.
- A MAC or PC can be used for this course. ** Be sure to read specifics below because not all Apple machines are compatible.
- Chrome Browser is a strict requirement
- A Chrome Book will not work.
- Other Operating Systems will not work for this course.
RAM is the most important aspect of your computer next to the HD Display. You should have at very absolute minimum 12 Gigs of RAM.
- 12 is minimum recommended.
- 16 would best.
An HD Display is best. If possible you should set up a second monitor for the best experience possible while you are watching lectures that are live or recorded.
You can always get a desktop if you are working remotely. Some options may be cheaper in this category.
- M1 or M2 processors
- Any ARM processors
- AMD Ryzen 5900x processors
To repeat, Apple machines are probably not supported.
Here is a way to check on your machine what kind of CPU you are running: